Sunday, August 10, 2008

Father of the year at the gas station


So on Saturday we stopped at the neighborhood gas station to fill up the car and get a wash after our big trip to Colorado. A couple of funny things happened. #1 - While I was filling up Milo asked if he could help. Not wanting to have to chase him around the pumps while Joey potentially cried, I opted to open Milo's door and let him hold Daddy's keys while I filled up instead.

As the tank was filling I heard a 'beep' from the car and I figured it was just Milo touching one of the buttons on the key remote. It wasn't until I shut Milo's door that I realized that the 'beep' was Milo engaging the lock on the door. So there I was, both kids locked in the car with the keys inside... and me on the outside.

Fortunately I've always let Milo lock and unlock the doors with the car remote. We have fun with it. Milo hits the button and I say 'the car farted' when the horn honks. This came in pretty handy. However, it did require me stand there and yell "Milo, make the car fart" through the window. He eventually hit the correct button and all was well.

The second funny thing.. we've certainly taken our trips through automated car washes. The odd thing this time was that Joey became terrified of the sprayer and screamed in horror each time it went by. I was able to calm him down, but it was hard not to laugh a bit.

1 comment:

corscorp said...

Agh! You came to Colorado! You might have sent Rhetta a postcard. ;)

Your kids' antics crack me up, by the way. :)