Friday, September 26, 2008

A Raisin in the Son

This morning at approximately 6:45am I had to extract a raisin from Joey's nostril.

How did this happen? Well.. Milo and Joey were having breakfest... Milo was saying that he didn't want raisins.. and then crying when Irene took them away.

Then out of nowhere Joey started crying. I recalled that his finger had been in his nose moments before his tears started, so without hesitation I asked "Joey, did you stick a raisin in your nose?" ... much in the same manner one would ask "Did you get enough to eat?'

Joey responded by pointing to his face and saying "Raisin... nose... waahhh!"

So I picked him up and we walked to the bathroom. He was actually quite calm at this point. With a quick pluck of the tweasers the raisin came out easily and there was no permanent damage.

The only sad thing was that had I actually carried through with my medical studies and Joey wasn't my kid.. I probably would have make $300 for that!

No comments: