Sunday, September 21, 2008

That!

Joey's still working on using his words and he gets very frustrated when we try to force his hand sometimes. Friday evening was met with the usual greeting I get from Joey when I walk in the door. "Daddy!" he yells as he runs to give me a 'hug' in the same manner that linebackers 'hug' quarterbacks.

I picked Joey up and he immediately started pointed at one of the following objects and started yelling "Mine!" The list of objects includes:

Misc. Hot Wheels cars
Mommy's keys
A sippy cup

Not knowing what he was referring to when he said "Mine" I used this as an opportunity to make him tell me what it was that he wanted.

"Joey, I don't know what it is that you want. Can you tell me?"

He pointed in the direction of all three options and said "That!"

No comments: