Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Why So Serious?


So from time to time Milo will try to bluff an unsubstantiated fear of something just to buy himself a few more minutes before bedtime. Many times these bluffs manifest themselves into a fear of the Joker - which I'm sure has nothing to do with the 20 hours a week he logs watching Batman movies and cartoons.

Tonight I thought I'd call him on his bluff. At bedtime, he said that I couldn't turn out the light because the Joker would get him. I told him that the Joker was in the closet but I would tell him not to bother Milo. I walked over to the closet, opened one side of the sliding door and said "Joker, please don't eat Milo... unless he gets out of bed, ok?"

Another one for the 'Didn't Expect That One' category... As I turned to walk away Joey jumped out of bed and ran over to the other side of the sliding door. As he carefully pushed the door open I heard him say "Batman?"

2 comments:

Auntie Barbara said...

I'm going to keep commenting because my nephews are too damn cute! That is so funny, I can totally picture Joey doing that!

♥ S. said...

I laughed SO hard when I read this! I can TOTALLY see it! Miss the little guys...