Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Be All That You Can Be?


This year, I'm proud to say that Milo verbally confirmed that his favorite toy this Christmas was his old school plastic Army men. It was something I remembered at the last minute while at {neighborhood drug store chain} on Christmas Eve. A $4 stocking stuffer got the biggest smile ;-)

So tonight I picked up all the little plastic men and their assorted tanks, flags, barricades, and concertina wire - also being made of plastic... fortunately.. I was reminded of the past Christmas Day with my mother about my fond memories from childhood when my father got down on his hands and knees and picked up all my toys after a hard days play... Whoa... can't believe I kept that stream of bs going that long.

Anyway, with Milo's pieces each strategically set I told him that it was time for bed and that he needed to pick up his Army guys. His response showed a real 'gung ho' attitude-

"Um... that's ok Dad. You can play with them if you want."


1 comment:

corscorp said...

Damn rouge rambles. Hey, we got Rob's old army men from his mother a year or so ago. One of the only things she kept from the old days. You think they're worth anything on ebay?

Happy New Year! (Your card had us in stitches as usual, BTW.)