Sunday, May 11, 2008

In Honor of Mothers' Day


Yes, the boys can be stressful. They always make up for it on the good end, but they have the power to test our limits as parents and human beings whenever they feel like it.

Where does this come from? Let's see... .where could possibly pick up on a desire to give their parents grief?

In analyzing this question, it didn't take long for me to realize the source.

Before I passed the age of five, I had been guilty of the following offenses:

1. Wandering into traffic on a major roadway. (was saved by a neighbor who blocked traffic with his car to protect me from getting hit)

2. Being hit by a car while crossing the highway on my bike. (the first words out of my brother's mouth were 'It's not my fault!')

3. Climbing part-way into the monkey cage at the zoo. (don't remember this but my mother can testify)

4. Eating the neighbor's dog food. (because the dog ate my ice cream cone - yes, I even recall my justification)

5. Doing a backflip off the diving board at swimming lessons. (guessing I was proving that I didn't need my floaties)

6. And let's not forget the 'Kitty Tired' story.

So having all this plus the knowledge that my parents had a custom harness made for me.... I have to accept that at the very least, my boys are capable of 50% of these actions.

In reality, it's Irene who deserves the most credit in our house... She's here because she knows I couldn't make it without her help as Milo & Joey's loving and extremely patient mother.

Happy Mother's Day Irene!

Love,

Mark

PS - Irene.. just a heads up. In the 6th grade I got a 'C-' in conduct.

No comments: