Saturday, May 24, 2008

Joey, eat your food at the table!


There's one tell-tale sign that Joey is trying to get away with something... it's whenever he looks at you.

Joey has the hampster-style eating thing down pretty well. That is, he'll often store food in his cheeks (or pouches if you will) long after dinner is over. So it's not unusual to find him spitting out corn 45 minutes after we've finished eating. Or he'll leave the table abruptly and walk around the house with a mouthful of partially chewed food. Neither of these activities are probably endorsed by our pediatrician.

After today's lunch I happened to notice that Joey hadn't opened his mouth in awhile... it finally hit me... Perhaps there is a reason his mouth is closed!

My investigation revealed one finding. French Fries.

Joey let me change his stinky diaper while keeping a mouthful of french fry mush hidden the whole time.

Maybe I'm not the observant parent I thought I was.

No comments: